Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere 2002

Another shot treated by Mr. Hennesy. Excellent recommendation from his colleague, Ms. Marina from Chateau La Lagune. She pointed out the reason why I have strong feeling of tannin to Montrose is because I am fond of tender wine, e.g. Merlot instead of Cabernet Sauvignon.

That is so true. Comparatively speaking I prefer right bank than left bank of Bordeaux. Canon, whihc is from St. Emillion sounds more attractive to me as a drinker.


Elegant palate. Peppery tannin with hint of plum and raspberry (?!) Firm oak and well structured. I would see both Montrose and Canon to have similar potential, with Canon to mature earlier than Montrose.


Canon is called canon, now I guess it's probably about the strong backbone power n post attack length that's left in mouth.

I become one of the "victim" from it's powerful shot, "suffering" from it's aftertaste

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...