Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nose of Wine (1)

Despite working till 12 - 1am lately, I really wanna motivate myself by writing at least 2 posts a week... here comes, the nose buds:

The beginners (like me) normally would ask questions like:
" The label says it has apricot, lemon and hint of vanilla...I smell nothing! or I could only say, I smell WINE!"

In fact, there are tools to help you understand the description of wine, help you express your feeling and share your joy with others.

Tool 1: Aroma Kit (Le Nez Du Vin -- Wine Nose)
This is so far the most direct way of introducing the taste to newcomers of wine world.
In each of the little bottle, they are generally presented in the form of wax so that the smell can be captured and long lasting.
They are the extract of the materials ranging from fruit to spice to wood to gas to provide us with a wide range of vials of aromas in wine.
Sometimes you may identify commonality in wine which consists of same grape varietal and this would be exceptionally helpful to those learners which memorize things based on smell.
A typical aroma kit has 36-54 essence, and the kit costs HKD$3000up.

Anyone can buy me one of these as birthday present??? I am happy to blow him / her a kiss, with a warm hug :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...